About Me

My photo
Born in Toronto, I began dance training at an early age starting with ballet which eventually progressed into a main focus of jazz. Starting at the age of six I began my constant flip flopping of living in England and Canada. When in Toronto I attended the Interplay Dance School. In England I attended classes at Bodywork Studios. After alternating between living in England and Toronto with my family, I graduated from the Bethany Hills School near Peterborough, Ontario, to attend George Brown Dance with their foundation program. After George Brown I flew back to England for the third time in my life to attend the Cambridge Performing Arts College for three years, my major being dance, but discovered my true calling was the fashion industry. I have worked as a freelance model for three years and a stylist for just a year, also freelance. I put a lot of what I learned from my years of performing arts study into my modeling and into my styling, on occasion have actually had to model as a ballerina or style for dancers. I have worked with many prestigious people in the fashion industry already.

Thursday 3 January 2013

Log Twenty One- Pushing On!

Happy Holidays and New Years everyone!

I hope everyone is well rested and ready for 2013! I am finally getting back into my Critical Reflection and survey after these hectic last couple of weeks.

I am glad I took the extension because I must admit I am finding things a little difficult right now. My job hasn't exactly been the dream job or "stepping stone" in my career as I thought it would be. It has been very difficult and not at all fulfilling. But as Paula has said back at the in campus session in October, I just need to put it down to experience.  I have since gone part time so I can once again focus on my Critical Reflection and lower my stress levels, which has helped a little but my work still does not make things easier.

The other issue I am having is retrieving the results back from the surveys. Normally when I go to castings, shows or shoots I try to bring the surveys I printed out and give them to the people there. But lately due to it being not only one of the slower seasons but the holidays I have not been to any of the events I listed above. I have tried posting on Facebook through Survey Monkey but it looks as though I may have to be a bit more aggressive about my postings.

I am also having some issues with getting my words down on paper. I know what I want to say I just don't know how to get them across. I need to somehow organise the jumble of words in my head to make an intellectual and fluent write up. Is anyone else experiencing or have experienced the same thing? Any suggestions on the best ways of approaching this and getting over this hurtle? Anyone having similar difficulties? 

On a positive note, I am getting some interesting results from the surveys I have received. I cannot wait to share my findings and this has really given me a different perspective on the fashion industry and how it is run.

Off to work on my Critical Reflection now, all the best to those submitting theirs on January 7th!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Victoria!
    Have you tried putting your survey on twitter? I find that twitter is more helpful for me professionally than Facebook. If you put hash tags on your post and ask people to retweet then you may get more people willing to complete your survey and you may get more data.

    Good luck

    Em x

    ReplyDelete