About Me

My photo
Born in Toronto, I began dance training at an early age starting with ballet which eventually progressed into a main focus of jazz. Starting at the age of six I began my constant flip flopping of living in England and Canada. When in Toronto I attended the Interplay Dance School. In England I attended classes at Bodywork Studios. After alternating between living in England and Toronto with my family, I graduated from the Bethany Hills School near Peterborough, Ontario, to attend George Brown Dance with their foundation program. After George Brown I flew back to England for the third time in my life to attend the Cambridge Performing Arts College for three years, my major being dance, but discovered my true calling was the fashion industry. I have worked as a freelance model for three years and a stylist for just a year, also freelance. I put a lot of what I learned from my years of performing arts study into my modeling and into my styling, on occasion have actually had to model as a ballerina or style for dancers. I have worked with many prestigious people in the fashion industry already.

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Log Twelve- Feedback coming in already for poll from SIG blog...

So after posting my first poll it's great to see I am already getting back peoples' opinions. So far a total of nine people have voted on my question, "Can one be successful in the fashion industry with basic knowledge of fashion or is a broader knowledge the only successful path (for models, designers, photographers, makeup artists, etc)?" Out of the nine, three voted, "Basic knowledge is acceptable as long as you are up to date with current names, events, etc." One voted, "No! Completely unacceptable, must have a vast knowledge of fashion history as well as current, business, marketing, etc." And five voted, "It makes no difference. It is all about who you know." For a while questions one and three were at a tie until recently which I was not expecting but at the same time didn't really anticipate any of the answers. I am surprised how only one person voted for the second question. Can't wait to see what other results I get back from future polls and tomorrow I'll be conducting my interviews during tomorrow's show. Below is the poster...
As a reminder you can find my SIG blog through this link; http://communicatedfashion.blogspot.ca/. I would love to hear your feedback and maybe your thoughts on fashion effect in the performing arts world?

No comments:

Post a Comment