About Me

My photo
Born in Toronto, I began dance training at an early age starting with ballet which eventually progressed into a main focus of jazz. Starting at the age of six I began my constant flip flopping of living in England and Canada. When in Toronto I attended the Interplay Dance School. In England I attended classes at Bodywork Studios. After alternating between living in England and Toronto with my family, I graduated from the Bethany Hills School near Peterborough, Ontario, to attend George Brown Dance with their foundation program. After George Brown I flew back to England for the third time in my life to attend the Cambridge Performing Arts College for three years, my major being dance, but discovered my true calling was the fashion industry. I have worked as a freelance model for three years and a stylist for just a year, also freelance. I put a lot of what I learned from my years of performing arts study into my modeling and into my styling, on occasion have actually had to model as a ballerina or style for dancers. I have worked with many prestigious people in the fashion industry already.

Monday 16 April 2012

Log Thirteen- Results on the poll

So again I have been lacking the attention on this blog. April is my busiest month with Mass Exodus (The Ryerson fashion students graduation show), shoots and FAT (Fashion Alternative Toronto week). Mass Exodus was great. Got a huge response due to this outfit I chose to wear, designed by Lia Valdez (photo by Michael Ho)...
So the results are in from the poll and it looks like the winner was, "It's who you know." To be perfectly honest I wasn't surprised. The next poll I will be doing is, "How much detail to fashion do you pay attention to in your everyday life?"
I'm also thinking more about my award title and I keep getting drawn to "Fashion Communication". After finding a description on the TFS Fashion Spot website http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f90/fashion-communications-66162.html that describes "Fashion Communication" as this;
Specialization in Fashion Communication also begins in second year. Business-related courses in areas such as marketing, business, communication, fashion in international markets, fashion and society are combined with professional studies in communication design, illustration, typography, curation and exhibition, photography, video production and fashion journalism to produce a graduate who can work in all areas of fashion communication. Through the selection of elective courses in second, third and fourth year, students may elect to pursue a minor or to otherwise customize their elective package to focus on their individual career objectives. Students also work in teams to produce a series of fashion events culminating in the year-end fashion presentation, attended by over 3,500 people, including industry and media representatives.
I think that perfectly describes what I am doing now. What do you think?
Also in other news, now that I have finished and passed my French level IV course I have signed up for the jewelry design course at George Brown to hone my skills on my jewelry making. Here's an example of one of my designs. Model is Tara Wright, photography by Stephen M. Loban, hair by Linda Radan and swimsuit and makeup done by Lisa Jackson.
Finally I would like to add, I stumbled across this great blog by one of the dancers of the National Ballet of Canada where she blogs about the connection between dance and the fashion world. It's a really great read, definitely give it a look! Haute BALLERINA Couture

No comments:

Post a Comment